Home values have increased greatly in the Hudson metro area over the past 5 years. It’s no wonder that there is new emphasis on kitchen storage in Newton MA, as the kitchen has become one of the most important rooms in the modern household.
More storage space is on a lot of people’s minds. As kitchens become the new living room, it’s important to have a well organized pantry. The pantry is to the well organized kitchen, as the walk-in closet is to the master bedroom. If you read through the list of what home buyers are looking for in 2015, more storage space occupies number 1 and 2 on the lists, in the form of walk-in closets and laundry room.
Here are some excellent examples of how good a well organized and designed pantry can look.
1) Natural light in a pantry is a luxury, but it can help make the tight space look a lot bigger. If you do have a window in your pantry, keep in mind that some products, such as olive oil may discolor and spoil with direct sunlight. You will need at least some space with a door for dark storage. A window with northern exposure will provide the highest quality, indirect lighting.
2) Make the most of tall ceilings for non-perishables with long shelf life. While images like this may remind you of the Gary Larson’s the Far Side cartoon “In-convenience Store” many of the items we store in our pantries don’t need constant use. You will need a step ladder to grab the upper most items, or one of those retractable claws. However, if space is a premium, make the most of your ceiling height for storage.
3) Really enhance your pantry with counter space. The area can become a prep area for some kitchen tasks. It also makes a great place for a coffee station, or other appliances that would otherwise clutter your counter tops. Full pantries are very popular in Newton, MA kitchen storage remodels.
4) Use 12-18″ deep shelving around the bottom of your pantry for storage of your smaller appliances. Typical base cabinets are 25-26″ wide, but many pantries will not have that amount of space available.
5) Save time and money with adjustable metro metal shelving for storage. Custom cabinets are beautiful, but costly. You will get similar function and save thousands with DIY metal shelving.