Check out our Blog for more Hudson Moving and Storage Tips
- Purchase boxes and moving supplies 2-4 weeks before your move.
- Choose a ‘packing room’ ahead of time and box up a few things each day. You may also consider a storage unit where you can deposit packed boxes, especially useful if you are decluttering for a homesale.
- *Use moving labels to mark each box with its contents and destination room.
- If you’re moving locally, leave the power and water on at your old address a few extra days so you can go back and clean up after your move.
- Move on a weekday (Monday – Thursday) when banks, utilities and government offices are open. U-Haul locations also offer a lower per mile rate on weekdays and you’ll be able to get longer rental periods on the U-Haul rental truck.
- Make your U-Haul reservation through the local dealership you wish to pick the truck up at. This will help ensure that they have the equipment the day you need it.
- If you can avoid Hudson on August 31st and September 1st, do so. About 90% of all apartments in Hudson change hands in that 48 hr. period.
- If moving locally, leave your pets with a friend on moving day. Animals can become confused and frightened during a move, or just plain in the way.
- U-Haul moving trucks require up to 12 feet of overhead clearance. Watch out for drive-thru restaurant and motel over-hangs, and avoid Storrow Drive!